Man Has Negligent Discharge Inside Gun Shop, 1 Injured

CARSON CITY, NEVADA — A negligent discharge at Wild Bill’s Gun Too in Carson City resulted in one person being injured by glass shards. The mishap occurred late Tuesday morning when a customer negligently fired a gun he had brought into the store, not in the presence of an employee.

Authorities, including the Carson City Fire Department and sheriff’s deputies, confirmed the incident, emphasizing that no other individuals were harmed. The injured party received hospital treatment, and law enforcement officials secured the scene, confirming there was no further danger.

This incident underlines the critical importance of proper and safe firearms handling. Negligent discharges can be prevented by following safety protocols, including keeping the finger off the trigger until ready to shoot, never pointing a firearm at anything not intended as a target, and always assuming a firearm is loaded. Regular training and education on safe firearm usage are essential to negate the risk of such accidents, ensuring the safety of both firearms owners and those around them.


Concealed Nation

Sign up for all the latest news, updates,
and exclusive deals...

We respect your email privacy

About the Author

Brandon is the founder of Concealed Nation and is an avid firearm enthusiast, with a particular interest in responsible concealed carry. His EDC is a Springfield Armory Hellcat OSP, with a Shield Sights RMSC Red Dot, that holds Hornady 165 gr FTX Critical Defense rounds, and rides comfortably in a Vedder Holsters ComfortTuck IWB holster.

Click for more:

Leave a comment